Pages

Wednesday 16 April 2014

Plus, Minus and Interesting


LINKWe have been learning about the Fencibles who came to live in Panmure along time ago.
Many of these people were Irish Catholics.
The men who were referred to as retired soldiers, made this long journey from the other side of the world with their families and all the belongings they could bring. They came for a better life.
Recently I went to see the Fencible Stone Cottage in Panmure. It was like a little museum and as well as being made of stone, if also had lots of old things or antiques that were used in the mid and late 1800’s.
Later I made this PMI chart to record my key ideas.


Plus
What are some of the good things about the cottage?
Minus
What are some of the not good things about the cottage?
Interesting
What did I find interesting about the cottage?
Can raise a family in there 3 people would be enough.


Lots of information that is kept in there.


There are lots of pictures.
1.There is no toilet in the house.
2.There is no oven to cook any food.
3.There is no electricity in the cottage.
4.No television to watch the news
5.The space is too small
6.There are scary dolls staring at you
7.Lots of spiders and spider webs
8.The stairs and the wall are almost connected to each other.
9.No cupboards too put food supplies
The thing I found interesting was the vacuum cleaner and how three baby’s wore this same white pretty dress, which is hung on the wall.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great focus today. I enjoyed our visit to the cottage too. I found myself visualizing a family of four seated in the front room perhaps chatting or reading. I wonder how difficult this could be for us today ... without the televison.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.